Professor Enfu CHENG received his Master's Degree in Economics from Fudan University. He is a distinguished Chinese economist and professor. His areas of specialization include theoretical economics and Chinese economy, political economics, western economic theory and cultural economics.
Professor Cheng has earned academic prestige and has influenced societal development. He is known as 'the main founder of Economics of Shanghai Schools', 'One of the Four Outstanding Persons of Four Generations' (see 'Talk with a Famous Economist', 5th Edition), 'Young and Middle-Aged Economist of the New Generation after Reform' (see 'Chinese Social Science') and 'One of the Most Creative Economists in China' (see 'Economic Theory Study' by the Economic Theory Academy of Japan). He is also a winner of State Council Special Allowance and has received 35 National and Shanghai Municipal Awards 35 times for his articles and books.
Professor Cheng has published 400 articles in a variety of academic journals including Chinese Social Science, The Dynamics of Economics, The Economist, the People's Daily, Guangming Daily, The Economic Daily, etc. He has written or compiled 20 books.
A selection of articles is given as follows:
1. On Three Stages of Socialism, Guangdong Higher Education Press, 1991
2. History and Present of the Theory of Consumer Society, Economic Science Press, 1990
3. Theory of State Guided Market Economy, Shanghai Yuandong Press, 1995
4. An Introduction to Cultural Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press, 1999
5. Modern Political Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press, 2000
6. Chinese and Russian Economists' Viewpoints on Chinese and Russian Economic Reform, Economic Science Press, 2000
7. Exploration on Economic Theory in Contemporary China, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press, 2000
8. Methodology of Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press, 2002
9. Case Study for Modern Political Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press, 2003
Schools of Chinese Socialist Economic Thought
Schools of Foreign Socialist Economic Thought